Homelessness Prevention Counselors: Temporary- job order # 14267564
Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. We are seeking Homelessness Prevention Counselors to empower tenants, landlords, home owners, and community members to make sound decisions concerning their housing needs and help prevent homelessness. Our Homeless Prevention Counselors are working to assist those facing housing instability as a result of COVID-19.
· Assess client needs and provide information, education, and referral on appropriate resources;
· Determine eligibility for financial assistance under currently available housing and rental assistance programs, including COVID-19 programs;
· Process applications for financial services run by the program. Ensure files, notes, and documents are timely and accurately maintained;
· Educate consumers about tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities; rental assistance, homebuyer readiness information and available community resources;
· Assist client in housing search, effective problem solving, and options planning;
· Assist tenants in the assessment and resolution of potential eviction actions. Educate tenant on eviction processes, the housing court system as required;
· Ensure timely and effective flow of communication between internal departments to ensure the delivery of quality services to the client;
· Provide information and outreach to, and interact effectively with the social service network, client advocates, community organizations, the landlord community, housing authorities, and/ or court officials;
· Assist with maintaining and updating agency housing database.
This position requires an individual who is flexible and able to cross-train and assist in other areas within the department when needed. Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant field is required. Wage is $18.50/hour
Apply at- https://www.wayfinders.org/careers